Madhav Institute of Technology and Science was established in 1957 by His Highness Late Sir Jiwaji Rao Scindia, Maharaja, Erstwhile state of Gwalior with the prime objective of providing Technical Education at undergraduate and post graduate levels alongwith conducting research activities. The foundation stone of the Institute was laid by Late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the then President of India on 20th October, 1956 and the building was inaugurated on 11th December, 1964 by Late Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India. The Institute started initially with B.E. Courses in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Later on Post Graduate and Ph.D. Course in applied Sciences were introduced 1967. The B.E. in discipline Electronics Engineering was started in 1981. Undergraduate course in Architecture was introduced in 1984.
Other Colleges in same State
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya
- Chameli Devi Group of Institutions
- Sha-Shib College Of Technology, Bhopal.
- ShriRam College of Engineering & Management (SRCEM)
- National Law Institute University
- Guru Ramdas Khalsa Institute of Technology
- KCB Technical Academy
- People's Institute of Media Studies
- Govt. Chhatrsal Maharaja College
- Indore Institute of Computer Application